Wedding Cakes and Celebration Cakes for Special Occasions in and around West Yorkshire
Cake orders are accepted ONLY on receipt of a DATE RESERVATION PAYMENT and on the basis that these Terms and Conditions have been read and understood and that all parties (including any relevant third parties) are in agreement with them.
PRIVACY: ~ All information given to DCD is confidential. This information will not be shared or sold and no correspondence will be entered into with any third party person without the prior written consent of the client.
Please Note: The contract (the agreement of the cake order) shall be between the person requesting/ordering the cake (the client) and Dream Cake Designs by Dianne regardless of who is making the payment/purchasing the cake/collecting the cake/signing for the cake.
1. Your initial deposit/ Date reservation payment: reserves the date for your wedding and is non-refundable. The payment will be deducted from the total balance.
2. Subsequent Payment: 12 weeks prior to the EVENT a payment of approx. 1/3rd (30%) of the remaining balance will be required.
3. Final Payment: full cleared payment (including any hire/delivery/set up charges) is required 4 weeks prior to the EVENT.
A reminder will be sent if payment is not received within this time frame. If any payment has not been received by the agreed date, DCD reserve the right to postpone work until payment is received or may cancel the order and retain any monies already paid or request payment equal to the value of any materials purchased and/or work already carried out. No cake will be released until payment has been made in full.
*The date of your final payment: is the final date for any changes in the design of your cake including size, style/colours or flavours. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to an additional charge. You may also be charged for any materials bought or work already carried out which due to changes by you is no longer required.
4. Postponement or Cancellation:
By you the Client: We understand that sometimes situations arise which are beyond your control. If for any reason you need to postpone or change your event date and wish to rebook, please contact DCD immediately to see if your new date is available. If you need to cancel your order entirely any refunds (EXCLUDING DATE RESERVATION PAYMENTS) are made at the discretion of DCD and in any case money will be retained for any costs already incurred or work already carried out.
By Us (DCD): We reserve the right to cancel the order at any time due to personal injury/emergency and/or other circumstances which are beyond our control. However, we will do our utmost to secure another suitably skilled cake decorator and with your consent and approval will release all monies and designs to said cake decorator, or refund any monies due if preferred.
5. Delivery of your Wedding Cake: Delivery and set up of your cake is an additional cost and will be added to the final balance payment.
6. Setting up your Wedding Cake: Set up of your cake is charged from £15. It is strongly advised that your cake not be moved once it has been positioned and DCD will not be held responsible for any damage to the cake once setup is complete. You are responsible for making sure that an appropriate and safe environment are made available for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a strong, level and sturdy table, situated away from direct sources of heat such as a radiator or sunny window position. Areas of heavy footfall i.e. walkways, dance floors etc. are not recommended.
CAKE DISPLAY: Please check with your venue to see if they provide a cake base/stand to display your cake on as not all venues provide this service. It is also worth bearing in mind where the cake will be situated when you are planning your photos as heavy dark coloured curtains, light switches, radiators and fire extinguishers can detract from the overall picture. Please speak with the venue wedding coordinator with regard to the placement of your cake.
CAKES & STRUCTURE: Wedding cakes are baked 3-4 days in advance of the delivery day to allow time for the cake to settle and for the decoration to be applied. Sponge cakes are intended to be at their optimum condition on the day of delivery. To enjoy YOUR sponge cake at its best, it should ideally be consumed shortly after being cut to avoid the cake drying out ~ and in any case is generally best eaten within 48 hours. Fruit cakes are best eaten within 6 weeks.
7. In order to maintain the integrity of the entire cake we reserve the right in certain circumstances, to substitute one or more tiers of the cake with ‘dummy’ layers. In such cases separate cutting cakes will be provided to the same flavour and with at least the same number of portions as the ordered cake. In extreme circumstances this may be a last minute substitution and as such it may not be appropriate or possible to contact you and therefore a decision may be made not to inform you (the couple) of the changes. However the venue will be made aware of any substitutions and all instruction regarding cutting the cake will be provided.
7.1 Your tiered cake WILL contain inedible structure and may contain inedible decorations. These will consist of food grade cake boards/drums and cake dowels. An information sheet will be provided to the venue to inform of any internal and decorative non-edibles.
DCD is not responsible for the removal of any inedible decorations / structure or how the cake is cut / portioned by the venue.
8. COLLECTING YOUR CAKE: If you or a representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you will assume all liability and responsibility for the safety & condition of the cake once it leaves our possession. We will do our best to make sure the cake is securely boxed and will give instructions to the carrier regarding safe transportation. The cake will be packaged in a standard white cake box only. A strong transport box can be provided at an additional cost if requested in advance. A signed disclaimer will be required before the cake is released.
9. ALLERGENS: Our products contain or may come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soya, sulphites, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions. An information sheet with allergens listed will be provided for the venue staff.
10. USE OF FRESH FLOWERS:... DCD does not recommend the use of fresh flowers and no responsibility will be held for ANY fresh flowers or foliage used in, on or around your cake. If fresh flowers are to be used on your cake you accept responsibility for this and will be asked to sign a disclaimer. Fresh flowers are not a food product, and many contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. Some flowers and foliage are highly toxic and if they come into contact with your cake may cause illness if ingested. Please consult your florist for advice if you wish to use fresh flowers.
11. We will photograph our cakes before delivery and at the venue once the cake is set up and we reserve the right to use any photographs taken by us for display or promotion without compensation to you. The photo also may also be used if required as proof of safe delivery and appropriate set up.
12. Your cake is very important to us and we pride ourselves on taking the utmost care and every reasonable step to ensure that your cake is in perfect condition for your special day. In the very unlikely event you have any issues with the cake please contact us immediately and we will try our best to resolve them. If this is not possible then please contact us within 24 hours of the event.
If the issue is regarding the taste, texture or freshness of the cake at least 50% of each flavour must be returned for our inspection within 24 hours to enable us to make a fair and accurate assessment of the cake.
Dream Cake Designs appreciate your willingness to follow these few provisions,
and we look forward to creating a beautiful cake designed especially for you.